Workshop 1: Safeguarding essentials
08 June 0930-1600
We’re excited to be teaming up with our friends at SDN and Psych-Logical to host two one-day interactive online workshops for both those new to safeguarding or those looking for an annual refresher. Each day is designed to increase the knowledge, skills and confidence of those working with young people and adults in the FE and skills sector.
The session will equip you with:
- The ability to identify a range of issues that may represent a safeguarding concern in both virtual and face to face delivery
- An understanding of key safeguarding terminology and legislation for both young person and adult safeguarding
- Explore values-driven behaviour and how it creates a strong organisational safeguarding culture
- Increased knowledge, skills and confidence in dealing with a range of safeguarding concerns
The outline agenda for the day can be viewed here.
You will have opportunity to apply your learning from the session to a variety of self-generated scenarios, whilst receiving support and coaching from our colleagues at Psych-Logical.
You will also have the opportunity to take part in group discussions and share good practice from within the sector.
Workshop 2: Designated Safeguarding Officer
This second interactive, one-day workshop is ideal for those new to the Designated Safeguard Officer role or those seeking a refresher. The session will cover both virtual and face-to-face settings and will equip officers with the knowledge, skills and confidence to respond to a variety of safeguarding concerns.
15 June 2022 9.30-1600
The workshop will cover:
- The role and responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Officer and other key members of staff
- Creating and managing safeguarding systems
- Barriers to effective organisational safeguarding processes, how to overcome them and create a safeguarding culture
- Identifying, assessing and mitigating risk
- Designing and developing high standard policies and procedures for both virtual and face to face delivery
As with the first workshop, you will have opportunity to apply your learning from the session to a variety of self-generated scenarios, whilst receiving support and coaching from the workshop facilitators.
After the session, you will receive an invited to Psych-Logical’s Designated Safeguarding Officers forum – giving you chance to network and share practice with other officers. Plus a certificate of attendance.