Business Development Executive
Job Type: Permanent
Basic Salary/rate: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 11th January 2017
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join our small but dynamic team. Mesma Ltd specialises in developing software and providing consultancy to help senior leaders in schools, further education colleges and training providers build a meaningful approach to quality assurance, self assessment and developing robust improvement plans to drive change. We are seeking a confident and outgoing business development professional who can work independently, has good knowledge of the education sector and is keen to broaden their horizon within IT and cloud solution sales.
The role requires significant interaction with clients, which may be face-to-face or via webinar or via the telephone. Tasks are varied and include:
- understanding clients’ diverse, specific business needs and applying product knowledge to meet those needs
- ensuring quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features Mesma products
- generate new business leads and arrange meetings
- identifying and developing new business through networking and courtesy and follow-up calls
- preparing and delivering customer presentations and demonstrations of the software, articulately and confidently
- maintaining awareness of competitors
- contributing to the development of and implementing sales plans using sales methodology
- providing advice and support to customers if they are experience difficulties using the products
- meeting sales targets set by managers and contributing to team targets
- networking with existing clients to maintain links and promote additional products and licence renewals
- handling complaints in an appropriate manner as outline by company procedures
- contributing to the development of tender documents, writing proposals, reports and supporting literature
- managing workload to organise and prioritise daily and weekly goals and,
- contributing to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues.
While it is helpful to have an interest in and knowledge of IT, it is not essential that you have the technical skills. We will consider candidates who have a strong sales background or some other relevant experience for sales in the education sector
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- self-motivation and a competitive, results-driven attitude
- passion, dedication and focus
- good level of communication skills both written and verbal
- a good level of technical understanding with enthusiasm for new technology and its commercial uses
- stamina, resilience and the ability to work well under pressure
- articulate and confident presentation skills and professional telephone manner
- time-management skills and the ability to prioritise
- attention to detail
- persuasive and influential verbal communication skills
- a strong team spirit
- business awareness and,
- a full, clean driving licence if the job includes regular travel to clients’ premises.
- Working hours are typically 9am to 5pm, with some extra hours when deadlines are approaching. Longer working days may also be required for example for social evenings and conferences to network with potential clients.
- The role will often involve travelling to clients’ premises
- Overnight absence from home will be required
- Office locations may change according to the needs of the company, so flexibility and mobility are often prerequisites
- Overseas work or travel may be required if working for an international company, or if selling on an international basis.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com by 5pm on 11th January 2017 quoting the job reference number 201601 and your name in the subject title of the email.
If you do not hear anything within 30 working days of the closing date you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.